- General Business 9:00 – 9:30
- Agenda and Minutes (5 min)
- Treasurer’s Report (5 min)
- YAC (5 min)
- Election, secret ballot (15 min)
- District 1 Council Office Update 9:30 – 9:45
- Discussion Topics 9:45 – 11:00
- League of Women Voters to present March ballot (30 min)
- Update on El Paseo by Cassidy and developer (30 min)
- Update D1 Decides by Grace (15 min)
Vice Mayor Jones provides an update on topics of concern to D1 leaders, including homeless roundtable, new developments, upcoming events.
Martha Beattie provides an overview of the City of San Jose’s Measure E and the new Proposition 13, which, in the March 2020 election, is a school bonds measure (not the tax measure from decades ago).
Land-use consultant Erik Schoennauer provides an overview of the process and proposal for the El Paseo de Saratoga site that, in addition to the existing theaters would be remodeled to include mixed-use development and would include buildings at the corner of Lawrence and Saratoga.